Screen Panel Replacement (Cracked / Lines / Ink Damage) - MacBook Air Retina 13" A2179 (Early 2020)
PLEASE READ THE BELOW DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY AND IN FULL BEFORE BOOKING, ESPECIALLY THE PROS AND CONS SECTION! THIS SERVICE IS DIFFERENT TO A TYPICAL SCREEN REPLACEMENT OTHER COMPANIES OFFER!
With this repair, we are replacing your Retina screen panel, reusing your original aluminium lid. This will resolve issues with lines, cracks, ink marks and general damage to the screen. The glass and picture on these models are one fused unit, so any issues with either will be resolved in this service.
If the sides or corners of your aluminium lid are bent or dented in, or the lid is curved out of shape, it is likely we will not be able to reuse your original aluminium lid, and this service is not for you. Please check all sides of the lid when closed, to make sure it is even with the bottom half of the MacBook, and contact us with pictures if you are unsure. If liquid has leaked inside the screen itself causing watermarks behind the screen, this service won't resolve your issue!
Many companies say it is not possible to replace just the screen, offering a new genuine/original full screen assembly instead. What they don’t tell you is these ‘genuine/original’ assemblies are actually 3rd party assembled, not Apple assembled, which means they suffer from a lot of quality issues (hinges becoming loose, picture/brightness quality issues, dust under the screen, etc), since only Apple can get new Apple assembled screen assemblies. It is possible to replace just the screen panel, but it is very difficult to do, and requires good knowledge of how to do this (along with the correct tools), to ensure the backlight sheets built into the lid assembly are not damaged in the process. We were the only company in the UK advertising screen panel replacements for older 2012-2015 Retina models between 2015-2018, when the screens for these older models were still available, so we have a lot of experience doing this.
- This is a cheaper and better option compared to replacing the whole assembly, especially if your aluminium lid is in good condition.
- We reuse your hinges. New assemblies online use lower quality hinges, which usually become loose after a few months.
- We reuse your camera and ambient light sensor. This stores the calibration data for the brightness and picture of the screen panel, changing the full assembly with a new one loses this data, and the picture/brightness is never the same (unless changing it with a used assembly instead of a new one).
- We reuse your original backlight sheets, meaning the screen will be the original shade of bright white, whereas new assembly replacements often have a yellow or blue tint to them (due to certain backlight sheet layers being left out, or 3rd party ones being used.
- We use original new tape, cut in a specific shape to prevent light leakage to the ALS. Often on new assemblies they will not use this, so light floods to the ambient light sensor from the backlight sheets, preventing the keyboard lighting from coming on. This also holds the screen in the same as it has from factory.
Less waste. The whole aluminium lid can be reused, meaning a perfectly good one is not being scrapped along with the broken screen.
- We are carrying out this process by hand, instead of using factory machinery, meaning it is possible for a small amount of dust to be caught inside the screen. We try our best to avoid and limit this, and in most cases the average user won’t notice this (only visible on white screen if you are looking for dust). The only way to avoid this is fitting a new Apple assembled screen, which you can only get by going directly to Apple (normally costing £500+).
- If the aluminium lid is dented in, or curved out of shape, we usually can’t replace just the screen panel.
- With severe impact to the screen, it’s possible the backlight sheets behind the screen have been impacted, causing a white glowing mark to be visible after the screen is fitted. This is very rare (and needs heavy impact to the front or back of the screen to cause this), and we can only tell if it will suffer from this after the screen is removed.
- Not as quick to replace as the full assembly; 1.5hrs-3hrs compared to 20 minutes, and a lot more is involved. This will also not resolve issues where liquid has leaked into the screen itself, where the screen works but has glowing watermarks behind it.
We are very experienced with screen panel replacements for the MacBook Pro 13" A2179 Early 2020 models, so you know you will be getting a quick and high quality repair. If you are unsure of the issue with your MacBook, please book it for our Diagnostic Service, or Contact Us.
Please allow up to 7 working days for this repair. We will post this back using a 24hr courier.
Repair Service Warranty
For any parts we have fitted for this service, we will give you peace of mind and provide a 12 month warranty.
Please note, this warranty is valid on successful completion of a repair, and does not cover physical or liquid damage which has occurred after the initial repair. We can only warranty any work we carry out, we cannot warranty the whole device.
For full details, please visit our Terms & Conditions.